2011-05-03

Ignatieff Resigns

While the Liberal brand has annoyed me for years now, I had nothing against Michael Ignatieff (or Stephane Dion for that matter), personally. Ignatieff, I happen to think, is a brilliant mind academically speaking. I actually felt bad for him. He did give an eloquent speech. He truly looked dejected, shocked, and dismayed. Losing is tough.

He just took over a Liberal party that was a shell of its former self. I voted less against him than the party itself.

He was, however, hopelessly misguided in calling this election. But it had to take this shake down for the Liberals to hopefully reform and reshape their visions. That they were possible suitors with the NDP in a leftist merge showed they had become less "centrist" and shifted left. That lost me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.