2009-06-13

The Incredible Shrinking Man Inspires Me


What would you do if you were shrinking? How would you rationalize your existence? Would you go on TLC and have your own show?

Back in 1957 a movie was made called The Incredible Shrinking Man. For that period, I have to admit they were innovative with the shooting of the film. From what I understand, a remake of the film starring Eddie Murphy is set to come out in 2010. I hope it captures the same intensity as the original.

I find movies today tend to rely too much on camera effects and technology to drive a film. Script writing, while back in vogue, take a back seat. Too many clinkers come with such films.

Anyway, some of the scenes in the films were disturbingly hilarious. Like him sitting at a table drinking coffee with an oversized cup. Or the scene where he narrowly escapes the attack of a house cat. After ending up in the basement, the movie ends with him coming to terms with his existence after he kills a spider.

I loved it. I can barely find enough courage to kill a spider as it is. I'm too busy attending to this Incredible Expanding Blog.

If you don't mind...I have to go conquer my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.