2008-11-29

Brother, Can You Spare Me Some Change?

The $1.95 subsidy taxpayers provide to political parties is in the news now.

People who read this blog know I'm not a fan of wasteful subsidies and unions.

The idea that my tax dollars go to parties I flat out don't support strikes me as pathetic. How dare the NDP, for example, take my money? How dare they?

If they want money then they should earn it; work the streets and phones harder. Pull a PBS-style telethon. Show initiative.

Not succeeding? Then come up with better ideas Canadians can support without snickering.

The conservatives are right on this one. And to think the loser Liberals have the balls to threaten to take down the government over this issue...Hey, I'm all for it if they want to unite with the NDP. It means more humorous material for me.

Normally, I look into the history and origins of this sort of stuff but not here. The point of the subsidy was to make things "equal." Code for "hey, you're doing better than me give me your money."

The idea of voluntary political support means nothing to these people.

Is that our "concept" of "fair"? Liberty? Freedom of political choice?

Deadbeats.

All of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.