2008-09-26

Is There Room For Another Party?

Like Jell-O, there's always room to party. But what about politically?

I've been hearing whispers of "unite the left" by some. Naturally, the NDP and Liberals would be the merging parties. Why not? They pretty much have made the individual irrelevant thanks to their constant meddling in private affairs.

Don't do this, we need to do that, do this, if you don't you'll go to jail, get a ticket - get off my back will ya!

While this would move us towards a two-party type of system, I wonder if this is a good thing.

On the other hand, more parties may seem more democratic but is it efficient and functional?

Yet, I can't help but think, maybe there is room for another party -or two. Is it me, or is the timing for something new and fresh just about right?

I'm surprised there's no libertarian-ish party.

We have environ-mental, we have left-wing and left-wing-ish as well as right-wing-ish. But no hard right, hard left or libertarian. What about a classical liberal or conservative party? Am I dreaming?

How about the Individualist Party?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.