2017-05-10

Obama To Speak At Montreal Board Of Trade; Prepare To Be Wowed; Promises To Fix Potholes

Attention hogger Obama is set to speak to, get this, Montreal's Board of Trade.

Gotta give credit to Captain You Didn't Build That. Despite his railings against capitalism, he sure knows how to capitalize on a good moment. With all the faux-righteous and outrage angst against Trump driving pant shitting babies he knows the time is right to go on his 'I talk shit' tour.

What, Justin wasn't available?

They pretty much hold the same vacuous views on business, economics and finance. 

Asking him to speak on trade is a little like how the Nobel committee bestowed upon him a fricken Peace prize. A prize that presumably sits on a shelf somewhere as he dropped 100 000 bombs on seven countries killing scores of people as well as destabilizing a region through his 'chess playing' antics.

Here are some 'intellectual' gems the BofT will be ridiculously paying for.

My personal favorites from this 'orator':

“So sue me. Uh, I, uh, as long as they're doing nothing, I'm not gonna apologize for trying to do something.”

"His pies, I don't know what he does, whether he puts crack in them.”

“In the VA health care system, once people get in, the quality of care, the satisfaction rates for customers are actually better then in private sector health care.”

“And they might end up having to switch doctors, in part because they're saving money.”

“I guess what I would say is, if you looked at that person's budget, and you looked at their cable bill, their telephone, uh, their cell phone bill, uh other things that they're spending on, it may turn out that it's just they haven't prioritized health care because right now everybody is healthy.”

“I, I like it. I, I don't mind. And I tell you, five years from now, when everybody's saying, 'Man, I'm sure glad we got healthcare,' there are gonna be a whole bunch of people who don't call it Obamacare anymore because they don't want me to get the credit.”

“I wish things were that ruthlessly efficient. It’s true. It’s like Kevin Spacey, man this guy’s getting a lot of stuff done.” (Figures he'd admire Frank Underwood).

“On the website, I was not informed directly that the website would not be working as — the way it was supposed to. Had I been informed, I wouldn’t be going out saying, boy, this is going to be great. Um, you know, uh I’m accused of a lot of things, but uh I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying, this is going to be like uh shopping on Amazon or Travelocity, uh a week before the website opens, if I thought that it wasn’t going to work.” (Take note BoT; industry leaders accept responsibility. They don't pass the buck. Something Obama was a master of)

“I say, imagine in your private life if you decided that I'm not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two. First of all, you're not saving money by not saving your mortgage. You're just a deadbeat. And you can anticipate that will hurt your credit, which means that in addition to debt collectors calling, you're going to have trouble borrowing in the future. And if you are able to borrow in the future, you're going to have to borrow at a higher rate. What's true for individuals is also true for nations, even the most powerful nation on earth.” (Because it's always effective to call your opponents as 'deadbeats'.)

“I think it’s fair to say that — during the course of my presidency — I have bent over backwards to work with the Republican Party. And have purposely kept my rhetoric down.” (lol)

“First of all, I didn't set a red line. The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world's population said uh the use of chemical weapons are abhorrent and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line uh when it indicated that uh in a uh piece of uh legislation entitled the Syria Accountability Act that uh some of the horrendous things happening on the ground there uh need to be answered for. Uh and so, when I said in a press conference that my calculus about what's happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming uh consensus of humanity says is wrong, um that wasn't something I just kind of made up. I didn't pluck it out of thin air. Uh, there's a reason for it.” (lol)

“I'm also mindful that I'm the President of the world's oldest constitutional democracy.” (America is a democratic republic/representative democracy. Mr. Scholar)

“[W]e discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by uh the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson.” (lol)

“My great friend, Patrick Kennedy, when he was running for reelection back in 2006, he could have avoided talking about his struggles with bipolar disorder and addiction. Let’s face it, he’s a Kennedy.” (lol)

“Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that Al Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not Al Qaida; you said Russia, in the 1980s, they're now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War's been over for 20 years.” (lol)

“If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal.” (wtf? lol)

“Here's what happened. You, you had a video that was released by uh somebody who lives here, uh sort of a shadowy character who who uh has a extremely offensive video directed at the uh at Mohammed and Islam. Making fun of the Prophet Mohammed. And so, uh this caused great offense uh in much of the Muslim world. Uh, but what also happened, extremists and terrorists uh used this as an excuse uh to uh attack uh a variety of our embassies, including the one, uh the consulate in Libya.” (remember that this upstanding man then turned around and arrested the poor sucker and through him in prison for something that had NOTHING to do with the video).

“This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.” (Shhh! lol)

“Israel doesn’t know what its own best interests are.” (Classic arrogance from a guy who overlooked a foreign policy that looked something Mr. Magoo came up with)

“[I'm] really good at killing people”

“I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president - with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln - just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history.”

“Listen, Abraham Lincoln helped to build the interstate, uh, er, er, the intercontinental railroad in the middle of the Civil War, because he understood this was gonna be important.”

“You know, uh, I I thought that uh, you know, the truth is that a lot of the Cubs I like too, uh, but uh, I did not become a Sox fan until I moved to Chicago. Because, I uh, you know, I was I was growing up uh in Hawaii, and so I actually ended up actually being uh an Oakland A's fan. But when I moved to Chicago, I was living close to what was then Cominsky Park and went to a couple of games and just fell in love and the nice thing about the Sox is it's real blue collar baseball. You know, we always tease about the Cubs, they, you know, they're up at Wrigley, and, sipping wine, and playing those day games, they're having a good time.”

“And if you like your insurance plan, you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you. It hasn’t happened yet. It won’t happen in the future.”

“First, if you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the VA, nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have. Let me repeat this: Nothing in our plan requires you to change what you have.”

“All I'm saying is let's take the example of something like diabetes, one of, uh, a disease that's skyrocketing, partly because of uh obesity, partly because it's not uh treated as effectively as it could be. Right now if we paid a family...if a family care physician works with his or her patient to help them lose weight, modify diet, monitors whether they're taking their medications in a timely fashion, they might get reimbursed a pittance. But if that same diabetic ends up getting their foot amputated, that's $30,000, $40,000, $50,000, immediately the surgeon is reimbursed. Well, why not make sure that we're also reimbursing the care that prevents the amputation, right? That will save us money.”

“That means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.”

“I've been practicing bowling. I uh bowled a 129. I have, this is like Special Olympics or something. The uh. No, no listen, I I uh I'm making progress on on the bowling.”

“Elections have consequences and Eric, I won.”

“Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma. They end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs when, if you, they just gave, you gave, treatment early, and they got some treatment, and uhhh a breathalyzer, or uhh, an inhalator, not a breathalyzer.”

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, and I see many of them in the audience here today.”

“John McCain has repeated this notion that I'm prepared to negotiate with terrorists. I have never said that.” (lol. Bergdahl)

“It is just wonderful to be back in Oregon and over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled uh to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not uh justify it.

“The point I was making was not that my grandmother uh harbors uh any racial animosity, she doesn't. But she is a uh typical white person, who if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know there's a reaction bread into uh our experiences that that don't go away and that sometimes uh come out in the wrong way.”

“But I don't think we're going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There's going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out, or 15 years out, or 20 years out.” (Read that carefully)

“By the way, Canada did not start off immediately with a single payer system. They had a similar transition step.”

“With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy).” (Remember the story about Romney and his dog on the car roof? Yeh well, Obama ate Fido)

And la piece de resistance:

"As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.  In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again. There will be growth in the spring. "

He musta been a sparkling joy in university class. One of those guys who raised his hand and loved to hear himself speak as others rolled their eyes. Hey, dude got elected twice so...whatever.

Enjoy him BofT. It's your money.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.