2011-03-18

Daycare Update: On True Costs

One thing I've discovered on my journey is how government programs shelter people from the true costs to keep them operational.

People generally have no clue what the net cost of higher education, providing quality health care, education and daycare services is.

It's why they act shock whenever they find out. It was assumed the government "will take care of it."

Only when they exit this sheltered world and into the market economy (for example, private daycare) do they get hit in the face with reality.

I charge $50 a day. The costs are fixed but substantial - especially salaries and food where I refuse to cut.

And let me tell you, that's on the low end of what I should be charging considering the food and staff of quality I'm working to bring in. I figure I should be at $60. But in Quebec, even if I'm in a high net worth, educated area, I have to tread carefully (its like watching people come out weary-eyed out of a dark forest) despite the generous monthly tax credit parents are privy to and the fact that daycare expenses can be deducted off your yearly income.

I spoke to a government architect and she confirmed, once she examined the place, my prices are more than acceptable considering that she has seen daycares in lower income areas with smaller installations and questionable operations charge $40.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.