2016-08-14

CBC Drops Ball Big Time With Olympic Boxing

One of my preferred sports to watch at the Olympics is boxing. But this year it seems a little, well, off. I couldn't put my finger on it for a while. Then it hit me. For the first time in a long time there's been a lack of overall Canadian content in boxing. Usually, there's a Canadian somewhere making some noise legitimately aiming for a medal.

Alas, that didn't quite put the finger on it.

And then I realized Russ Anber isn't calling the fights. For some odd reason, the CBC in its infinite wisdom (and I use the term lightly) decided to use an international feed for boxing.

The rest is history. It's just not the same without Anber.

What a shame and comically terrible decision by the CBC.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.